The Dumbbell Suitcase Deadlift is a fantastic exercise for increasing core stability for those who play sports where core anti-rotation is important.
- Stand next to the dumbbell, feet shoulder width apart
- Squat down next to the dumbbell
- Breathe in from the stomach and brace the abs
- Keeping the chest tall, drive the feet into the floor
- Drive the hips forward while simultaneously throwing the head back and upwards
- Repeat the reverse motion to complete
Take a look at this months’ Exercise of the Month video as Personal Trainer Andy Knight demonstrates the Dumbbell Suitcase Deadlift.
Any questions, please ask an instructor. Happy training!
Andy Knight, Personal Trainer, Caversham Health & Fitness