I am about to embark on a voyage of nutrition and exercise! I have done this before but I have let my standards slip. About 5 years ago before I got into the health and fitness industry I was very over weight and extremely unfit: I weighed 17 stone and had a body fat of 40%. Over the course of a year I got my weight down to 10 ½ stone and body fat down to 12%. I was over the moon!
On the outside I may look healthy but my body fat levels have crept up and my exercise has crept down! Currently 20% body fat and weigh 12St 4lbs.
So, I am looking to eat as naturally and as healthy as possible, which can be tough in our modern world with fast foods and processed everything!
I will be following a new exercise and eating plan based loosely around the Palaeolithic diet and the primal blueprint way of life:
- Buy from companies that treat animals, workers and the environment with respect
- When you go to the supermarket, choose foods that are in season
- Buy food that is organic
- Know what’s in your food
- Read labels
- Know what you buy
- The average meal travels 1500 miles from the farm to the supermarket
- Buy foods that are grown locally
- Shop at farmers markets
- Plant a garden (no matter how small)
- Cook a meal with your family and eat together
- Eat lean meats, vegetables, fruit and seeds
- No proceed foods
So it begins, I am going to put in weekly diaries of how I am getting on good and bad! Put what foods I am eating, how I am feeling and what I am doing.
Wish me luck!
Jason Bushnell, Fitness Manager