For this exercise you will need Dumbbells and an Incline bench, alternatively you can prop up one end of a straight bench.
- Set dumbbells down at the high end of the bench
- Lay face down on the bench so that your chest is at the end of the bench
- Your feet can either hang off the end of the bench or be placed on the floor on either side of the bench for stability
- Grasp the dumbbells with an overhand grip (palms facing you) and raise the dumbbells off the floor slightly
- Keep your head up and your eyes looking forward, and then slowly raise the dumbbells up as far as possible
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement, and then lower the dumbbells back to the starting position
- Keep your eyes up
- Increase the intensity and effectiveness of the exercise by pausing for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement
Check out our brand new video as Personal Trainer Ben Wilson demonstrates this month’s Exercise of the Month – The Incline Bench Two Arm Dumbell Row.
EOTM written by Oli Greiner, Gym Instructor, Caversham Health & Fitness
Any questions, please ask an instructor. Happy training!